Thank you so much for your patience as I’ve been unavailable a good bit this week and thanks to those who have been praying for my family after the passing of my grandfather this week. I so appreciate you. Because I was largely offline this week, my reading has been a bit light, but here are a few highlights.
- As we celebrate the first day of Advent today, I want to make sure everyone reads this fantastic post by Zack Hunt about when God needed us. I think this might become a yearly read for me on this Sunday.
- Shawn Smucker gets two links today. First, his post about celebrating death at A Deeper Church was simply beautiful and was so important for me this week. And at his own blog, he wrote a post that spoke to what I see happening at my own church and that makes me crazy happy – we can’t just give gifts.
- Addie Zierman and I had a little twinsy moment this week and we both wrote about church. I love her post about what it means to her to find a home church.
- Tonight at 10:30 PM EST, I’ll be joining Knox McCoy and Clay Morgan to talk about the mid-season break episode of The Walking Dead. We’ve been doing a weekly podcast called The Weekly Dead. You can watch it live tonight on Knox’s YouTube channel. If you want to spend this afternoon catching up on our previous podcasts, you can find them all here.
- Over the Rhine is offering their Christmas album for free on NoiseTrade this week. If for some reason you haven’t downloaded it yet, fix that RIGHT NOW. Oh yeah, and you can get some free Christmas music from Sufjan Stevens as well right now. No excuses, folks. Get it.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Link it up in the comments!