Welcome to another Sunday edition of Stuff I’ve Been Reading. Lots of good stuff to share, so let’s get to it!
- I’m a hugger and I still love the Church and all she can be, so I loved this post from Amber Wackford about how she has been embraced in her weariness and how “church” is a big word.
- Speaking of hugs, Caleb Wilde wrote a post about how we need be more generous with our hugs. This is a message that I can absolutely get behind – now with science!
- Please don’t miss this post by Amanda Williams over at A Deeper Family about poverty and shame and faith in the midst of it all. This is BEAUTIFUL.
- Loved this post by Ed Cyzewski about overcoming the silence brought on by fear.
- This op-ed piece by Emily Johnson about the upcoming vote on marriage equality in Minnesota is powerful read. These votes affect real people and we need to be reminded of that all the time.
- Jen Luitwieler wrote a thought-provoking piece about our propensity to “like” things rather than to engage with people.
- My bestie Rich Chaffins is one of my favorite musicians. This is a (really poor) recording of an (awesome) arrangement that he wrote for Nothing but the Blood.
- Catalog Living reminds us that our elders still have things to teach us.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Link it up in the comments!