This was the first week that my kids were home for the summer, so it was nice to spend some time catching up with them. Thanks to those of you who offered your prayers and kind words about my mom on Tuesday. They are all appreciated. And now to some of my favorite things from around the internet this week!
- Jamie Wright always impresses me with her writing, and this post about sanctuary was no exception. When we stop thinking in terms of salvation and start thinking about sanctuary, it can change us profoundly.
- David Henson wrote a fantastic post this week about the Lenten practice that he started with his kids of talking about the saints. How this related to the Easter story moved me deeply.
- My friend Elora suffered a loss this week. I am so moved by her honest writing here.
- Preston Yancey speaks my language here. I love blogging that edifies rather than tears down and I’m so grateful for the way that he is embracing this.
- I’m so looking forward to meeting Kimberly Knight in August at Wild Goose. This post about getting to know people rather than worrying about issues is part of why I’m anxious to talk to her in person.
- A few months ago, Nathan Bransford had a post about getting published in gif form. Now he tells us how to know if we’re writers, also in gif form. Awesome.
- Last week at Mountain Stage, I got to see JOHNNYSWIM perform. If you’re a fan of The Civil Wars, you absolutely must check out their music. I can’t wait until their next EP drops, but in the meantime, check out the music they have available so far. It is amazing. I don’t have enough good things to say about them.
What have you read/written/watched/listened to this week that moved you? Link it up in the comments!