Well hi there!
I’m a wife. I get to be married to my very best friend. Jason is funny and creative and smart and handsome. I can’t imagine getting to share my life with anyone other than him. When I met Jason, I journaled that I hoped to some day marry someone like him. Getting to marry the actual him blows my mind to this day.
I’m a mom. These four people who live in our house constantly amaze me. They crack me up on a regular basis and they push me to be a better person. I’m sure the premature grey that I need to constantly cover up is almost exclusively their fault, but I did it to my mom too, so I guess that’s just how it rolls.
I’m a Christian. Some days it’s not a label that I want to wear, and some people probably don’t want me to wear it, but it’s true nevertheless. I grew up in the Church and got to know Jesus in 1988, particularly over that summer. Even when it frustrates me, my faith is a core part of who I am.
I’m a bunch of other stuff. This is the part that always throws me in these “about me” posts. The above are the easy labels, but I’m a lot more than that. I love music (listening and performing). I love writing (reading others’ stuff and writing my own). I love movies (particularly snarky comedies and movies about friends). I love coffee. I love Zelda. I love texting (this is why I have snagged on to Twitter big time). I love conversations in the car. I love soup.
I love meeting people on the internets. If you want to talk to me, you can comment on any post (I almost always reply) or you can email me at email@example.com.
If you’re still fuzzy on how to say my name, check out this awesome video that my friend Chuck made for me.
Can’t get enough of my writing here? You can find more below:
Guest posts on other blogs
- Rachel Held Evans: Surviving a Conversation with an Atheist, The Day Nothing Changed, and Some Material May Not be Suitable for Children
- Hemant Mehta: How an Atheist Made Me a Better Christian, What Was I Waiting For?, and A Post About Affirming Christians that got some Feedback ;)
- Jason Boyett: Shaken and Stirred
- Shawn Smucker: Blank Page, Blinking Cursor
- David Nilsen: Swimming in Poo
- Jen Luitwieler: Call Me…A Writer?
- SomeWiseGuy: 4 Keys to Marriage Enrichment
- Caleb Wilde: Becoming Disillusioned
- Joy Bennett: Hearing the Song Again
- Tony J. Alicea: My Unfocused Life
- The great Askini: Good Enough
- JBen Emerson: Skilled Workers Needed (Exodus 26)
- Jamie Wright (The Very Worst Missionary): Missionary Positions: How a Wife Does It
- Matthew Paul Turner: Speak Up (You’re Not Alone)
- Jeff Goins: Take a Break from Blogging without Losing Your Audience
- Tamara Lunardo (TamaraOutLoud): Cool Like That
- Jessica Buttram: It Ain’t Pretty
- Michael D. Perkins: Does Everyone Know?
- Ed Cyzewski: The Lesser Minister
- Preston Yancey: Small Church Heart in a Megachurch
- Leigh Kramer: The Day I Didn’t Mind the Heat
- Lisa Colon DeLay: More Influential Than Klout
- Contributor to The Practice of Love
- Editor & Contributor to Not Alone: Stories of Living with Depression